See Video links in Paragraphs 5 & 6.
Truckers from Newfoundland and Labrador are participating in the Freedom Convoy in Ottawa - a movement that started out initially protesting against the federal government's imposition of a vaccine passport on truckers reentering the country from the United States. It has since evolved into a protest against the mandates that require people be vaccinated in order to work.
The truckers argue that workers should have the freedom to decide for themselves whether they want to be vaccinated or not. They maintain that discrimination against the unvaccinated makes no sense given that, according to the science (1), the vaccinated can spread the COVID virus just as easily as the unvaccinated.
That truckers from across the country would take on a journey of that length and that expense implies that they feel strongly about their cause. Yet we rarely get an unbiased viewpoint of what has driven them to take this extraordinary step, or what they are actually doing on the streets of Ottawa.
Below are links to two videos that, perhaps, will help widen or clarify whatever perspective you might have.
The first, by Jean-Francois Girard, is a short, three minute depiction of what's going on in Ottawa, as shown from the perspective of both the PM and on the ground participants. Scroll halfway down the page of the following link to find it.
The second is a thirty minute press conference given by the leaders of the truckers’ movement. In it they explain why they are in Ottawa and how they foresee things evolving.
Ask yourself as you view these videos if you really think these people are selfish, misguided individuals led astray by misogynists, racists and far right extremists. That’s what the Trudeau government would have you believe.
Or, is it possible that they just might be principled people who, at great inconvenience to themselves, want to persuade parliamentarians and municipal leaders that the vaccine passport system is not just unjust, but, in their opinion, unsupported by the science.
The Freedom Truckers are asking the government to sit down and talk to their representatives, along with the scientists and doctors that have joined them. So far, the Trudeau government has refused.
1 Studies that show the vaccinated can spread the virus as easily as the unvaccinated.
1. The Lancet Infectious Diseases October 202112 — Fully “vaccinated” individuals who develop breakthrough infections have a peak viral load similar to that of unvaccinated people, and efficiently transmit the infection to unvaccinated and “vaccinated” alike in household settings.
2. The Lancet Preprint13 — Fully “vaccinated” Vietnamese health care workers who contracted breakthrough SARS-CoV-2 Delta infections had viral loads that were 251 times higher than those found in cases infected with earlier strains. So, the shots do not appear to protect against infection with the Delta strain.
3. A July 31, 2021, medRxiv preprint by Riemersma et. al.14 found no difference in viral loads between unvaccinated people and those “fully vaccinated” who developed breakthrough infections. They also found the Delta variant was capable of “partial escape from polyclonal and monoclonal antibodies.”
4. Eurosurveillance rapid communication, July 202115 — An outbreak of the Delta variant in a hospital in Finland suggested the shots did little to prevent the spread of infection, even among the “vaccinated,” and despite routine use of face masks and other protective equipment.
5. Eurosurveillance rapid communication, September 202116 — An upsurge of Delta variant infections in Israel, at a time when more than 55% of the population were “fully vaccinated,” also showed the COVID shots were ineffective against this variant. The infection spread even to those who were fully jabbed AND wore surgical masks.