The second argument is that our hospitals are overwhelmed by unvaccinated COVID patients. But is that true?
The Canadian COVID Care Alliance, a not-for-profit, movement of independent Canadian scientists and doctors, has published statistics comparing the in-hospital rates for Ontario COVID patients by vaccination status. Their recent report showed the following:
Unvaccinated rate: 17.35 cases per 100,00 unvaccinated patients (282 cases in hospital)
Partially vaccinated rate: 14.67 cases per 100,000 "pv" population (83 cases in hospital)
Fully vaccinated rate: 15.22 cases per 100,000 "fv" population (1237 cases in hospital)
The CCCA concludes that: "There does not appear to be any significant evidence to support the claim that the SARS-COV-2 pandemic is due to any one group. Vaccinated, partially vaccinated and unvaccinated are all getting infected and hospitalized at about the same rate."
Ontario's statistics do not represent an aberration or one-off experience. Instead, their statistics are very much in-line with what is happening elsewhere.
What's really going on here?
1 Studies that show the vaccinated can spread the virus as easily as the unvaccinated.
1. The Lancet Infectious Diseases October 202112 — Fully “vaccinated” individuals who develop breakthrough infections have a peak viral load similar to that of unvaccinated people, and efficiently transmit the infection to unvaccinated and “vaccinated” alike in household settings.
2. The Lancet Preprint13 — Fully “vaccinated” Vietnamese health care workers who contracted breakthrough SARS-CoV-2 Delta infections had viral loads that were 251 times higher than those found in cases infected with earlier strains. So, the shots do not appear to protect against infection with the Delta strain.
3. A July 31, 2021, medRxiv preprint by Riemersma et. al.14 found no difference in viral loads between unvaccinated people and those “fully vaccinated” who developed breakthrough infections. They also found the Delta variant was capable of “partial escape from polyclonal and monoclonal antibodies.”
4. Eurosurveillance rapid communication, July 202115 — An outbreak of the Delta variant in a hospital in Finland suggested the shots did little to prevent the spread of infection, even among the “vaccinated,” and despite routine use of face masks and other protective equipment.
5. Eurosurveillance rapid communication, September 202116 — An upsurge of Delta variant infections in Israel, at a time when more than 55% of the population were “fully vaccinated,” also showed the COVID shots were ineffective against this variant. The infection spread even to those who were fully jabbed AND wore surgical masks.